http://www.55living.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/logo1-300x112.png 0 0 Country Village http://www.55living.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/logo1-300x112.png Country Village2016-11-03 09:02:562016-11-03 09:02:56Autumn Harvest Cobbler Recipe
MAKES: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1-3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Stir in the apples, raisins, apricots and lemon juice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot apple mixture. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and lemon peel.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.